Friday, January 30, 2009

Lesbian gets country's worst job

Okay cheap spin on Obama ONION article. Johanna Sigurdardottir is the likely successor of the former Icelandic prime minister, Geir Haarde. Granted this is an announcement by CNN and may hold as much weight as "Kennedy to replace Clinton." Gier Haarde resigned after Iceland's financial market and banks collapsed. Johanna Sigurdardottir is likely to be the first gay prime minister.

No that's Svala, some Icelandic pop star I don't know of.

Here's Johanna Sigurdardottir, she could be the Donna of Le Femme Mafia.

It's a bit encouraging to see a lesbian as prime minister. There are other places around the world with prominent gay leaders. I don't really see the US as one of them, please correct me or let me know if you are represented by a gay leader (closeted politicians don't count). I have settled for a representative and a president who at the very least isn't against gays. My representative, John Lewis, is supported by a gay community and at least doesn't go against his supporters. I'd have to look to see what he's done for us though.

Not related but hot:

No comments: