Monday, January 19, 2009

A bit of fun, a bit of sun

The weekend here in the heart of the south, well the northern most point of the south as I like to call it, came in like a lion and went out like a lamb. Albeit by far not the geographical northern most point of the south, Atlanta has a more northern feel than many southern cities. I've always felt at home and I'm a Yankee.

The weather has been awfully cold here the past few days. The windshield washer fluid that I keep in my car actually froze. I can't complain too much. I didn't have to scrape any ice off my car. I once had to scrape an inch of ice off my car just to get the door open. Tip: never park under flowing water, such as a water main break on a busy street, just before a snow storm or very cold night. We didn't have an ice storm that night, no, car after car sloshed another coat of ice onto the side of my car. I was able to get into the passenger's side door and warm my car up enough to melt some of the ice. At some point after I opened the driver's side door I realized that the disc brakes also had an inch of ice on them. That car didn't move for a week. Good thing I didn't need a car. Otherwise, I'd be the jackass with a blow dryer attached to an extension cord or rigged to a car charger just so I could heat up the brakes enough to melt the ice. I did try to break the ice off the disc brakes, but after chipping away for awhile I knew it was useless. The ice was coating the brake pads and the whole brake assembly.

I'm finally feeling a bit healthier. I don't feel 100% but I feel much better than I have in the past week. My man and I went out last night for the first time in awhile. It was a lot of fun. Tonight, I went out to the 30th anniversary of the Armorettes. I didn't get to see more than a minute of the show, but oh well. I had fun chat it up with a good friend.

oh the sun finally came out today. It was supposed to rain, so that's a welcome surprise. Naturally, I went to two malls. Why the fuck are malls always crowded when it's nice outside? It makes no sense. I hate going to the mall on a nice day, but sometimes I must.

No comments: