Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 2008

My entries for August have significantly declined. Shame on me! I should be writing more frequently. Hmm, let me try to catch up on a few things.

Whitewater
I went to Six Flags Whitewater water park a couple weekends ago. I love water and water slides and water falls and rivers and lakes and oceans ... you get the picture. I'm a water bug.

I forgot how much fun a water park can be. I want to go again before they close for the season. I can't go this weekend, but maybe I'll be able to go on the 6th, 7th or 14th. If you go, hit up the Tornado first. You'll want to go on this ride more than once.

In all, there were six of us that went. The second ride that we went on, all of us got into one tube. I thought that we were going to fly off the edge a couple times. It was a great time.


Friend's Thesis Defense Party
A good friend of mine graduated a few weeks ago. Now he has his doctorate in chemistry. I want to be done with mine, but that's still a few years off.

He had a joint party for his graduation. No, we didn't sit around and smoke pot. It was a party for him and a friend of his that had also graduated.

The party was at wet bar, specifically the sky bar section of wet bar. Sky bar is pretty cool. It has a large outdoor patio that overlooks midtown Atlanta. Wet bar used to be 100% gay, but know it caters to a mixed crowd. Lots of Europeans and techno enthusiasts come to see some pretty well know DJs spin.

There were a lot of people at the party. I was a little bit nervous, because I wanted my sweetheart to be there, but also felt like I was going to inevitably have to 'come out' to someone (or specifically some coworkers). After arriving at the party I no longer cared and I was just happy that we were both there.

Overall, the party was a blast. I found out a few days later that our group spent more money than the rest of the bar did that night.


Karoke at Stagedoor
Watch out Tucker, Georgia ... I'm come back to sing again sometime.

Last weekend I went to Stagedoor, a gay bar just outside of Atlanta. They have Karaoke on Friday nights. It was fun to sing and be silly.

The hosts of the karaoke were awful, the prompt with the words on it was often not in sync with the music or I was just a little too drunk, and the place was borderline dive bar. In other words, it was a great time.


Flying Kites
My sweetheart and I flew kites the other day. I love kite flying. It was a perfect day for kite flying, because tropical storm Fay was pushing some nice winds into the area. :)

Special Spontaneous Dinner
I took my manfriend out to Pacific Kitchen the other night. The food was really good. Too bad there changing the name of the restaurant. I'd rather eat at a place called 'Pacific Kitchen' than 'Parks Edge'. Oh well, maybe I should send them a quick email.


Booking a Trip to da Burgh
I'm heading to Pittsburgh in a few weeks. MFC is coming along with me. We're getting a hotel room in town. I have to go to a wedding on Saturday. I can't wait to show him around town on Friday. I have a few surprises in store.

No comments: