Friday, April 25, 2008

East Atlanta

Tonight I went out to East Atlanta to celebrate a friend's birthday. We were quite a diverse crowd. I played the role of the token white guy in a group of two Vietnamese women, one black man, one light skinned black women, and one Japanese American man.

East Atlanta is an interesting part of town, just as diverse as our group. The bars aren't all that diverse when you're on the inside, but the area is somewhat diverse. A lot of the people at the bars we ventured to were white tattooed artist type (some good lookers but probably all straight) but we also went to one bar that was all black (well minus me).

I had fun, but I felt somewhat out of place from time to time. None of my friends in this group know that I'm gay. So when conversations about women or dating come up, I don't have much to say.

At one point we were talking about how a short women has more options when it comes to dating a man, because the man can be tall or short. However, it doesn't work the other way around. Of course, I chime in "What short guys can't date tall men?" A little Freudian slip. And, yes short men can date tall guys, I have.

50

No comments: