Thursday, February 4, 2010

This, DADT, and The Other

Life's been okay.

I dislike George Lopez because I think he's a bigot (sorry for the randomness, he just appeared on my TV as I was typing).

I like Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, because he stood up for a minority of people (gays in the US Military). Defense Secretary Robert Gates also supports the "President's Decision." That is Obama's campaign promise to repeal 'Don't ask. Don't tell.'

I think John McCain's statement in October 2006, "The day that the leadership of the military comes to me and says, 'Senator, we ought to change the policy,' then I think we ought to consider seriously changing it," shows that he thought no 'leadership of the military' would ever consider overturning DADT.

I strongly dislike John McCain in February 2009 when he said, "At this moment of immense hardship for our armed services, we should not be seeking to overturn the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy."

I like NOVA. Tonight's episode is about Machu Picchu. I hope the Peruvian's are recovering from the landslides in that area.

No comments: