Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2010

The holidays are over and a new year has begun. I got a new camera for Christmas and I've taken quite a few photos. I thought I'd post a few.

Since I've taken over 300 photos, there might be a few more similar posts. I've decided to proceed in reverse chronological order. Here's Atlanta's "big snowstorm of 2010" ... well the day after:

I spotted some kids standing on the ice at Piedmont Park's Lake Clara Meer. The adult in the picture promoted the activity with a "who walks on water" statement.

No shit! The frozen "dock" that's in the previous photo can be seen in the background of this photo.

This shot of Midtown Atlanta from Piedmont Park shows that the lake is not completely frozen, but it's perty anywho.

Colony Square Fountain, Midtown, Atlanta

Atlanta road crews are using dirt, Georgia Clay, to add some traction to the ice covered North Avenue.

This hardcore family is carrying their snowboards hundreds of miles from Piedmont Park to some place that actually gets snow.

I must confess that I own a snowboard, but I haven't brought it out of the closet in the four years that I've lived in Atlanta.

I guess I left it behind. Subtle joke, cough.

No comments: