Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Organization?

I'm not much of an organizer. I usually have good intentions of keeping things tidy and in their place, as I see fit. My good intentions are worthless for the most part. I blame it on lack of preparation before moving. In four years I had moved nine times.

The tenth move was down to Atlanta. At that point I had too many boxes of unopened crap to care to look through. I tend to throw everything in a box, move the box, and set the box in a corner. My bad behavior led to a corner of boxes I didn't need or want.

I've been in the same place in Atlanta for four years and I built up more piles of "things I had to have" or generous gifts and donations. The corner of boxes even grew a bit. Don't worry, I'm not one of those crazy hoarders on TV that have to keep junk mail, sugar packets, or half used McDonald's barbecue sauce containers.

Today, I declare my apartment more clutter free than ever before! I did it. Yes, I've had a lot of time on my hands and that helped.

No comments: