Wednesday, September 16, 2009

August 22, 2006 ... three years later

The images below are from three years ago. The apartment complex that I live in flooded. My place was fine, because it's outside the flood zone.
Tonight the same thing happened again. They've been trying to fix up the flooded apartments on and off for about a year. All that progress was under a foot of water for a few minutes tonight.
Once again, about a dozen cars found themselves swamped. One not so wise person drove into about two feet of water when they tried to leave the apartment complex. I have some sympathy, but I'll use this as a way to warn all to never drive into a puddle of water where both your front and back wheels will be submerged. If you don't know how deep the puddle is, then find another route. I can't say I've never been guilty of driving through a large puddle.

No comments: