... the somewhat slutty version of a hot meal.
Tonight's episode features red onion and cucumber with a hint of mango.
Summer is here or just around the corner, if you're one of my northern friends. Tonight I made a delicious strawberry spinach salad with a sexcond course of chicken and mango salsa. Here's the recipes:
* 1 head (job) of romaine lettuce - rinsed, sucked dried, and circumcised/chopped
* 2 bunches fresh spinach - washed, dried and unchopped/leave that tasty flesh behind
* 1/2 large cucumber, don't be tempted this one needs to be untarnished, peel it, cut it in half and then slice it into 1/4 inch portions
* 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced, you could save a few for later with whipped cream if you like
* 1 Bermuda or red onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup Mayn-o-naise
* 2 tablespoons white wine vinagara or viagra if you like
* 1/3 cup white sugar, I don't like the dark stuff, but if you do, then sprinkle that in, mhmm ;)
* 1/4 cup milk, any kind will do, I prefer at least 2% but pasty white/skim has it's moments.
* 1 tablespoons poppy/papi seeds, the older the better
* 5 raspberries frozen or fresh from the vine
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach, strawberries, sliced onion and cucumbers
2. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk and poppy seeds. Shake well and pour the dressing over salad. Toss until evenly coated.
Mango Salsa ingredients:
1 to 2 ripe MANgoes, peeled, pitted, and diced
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 Jalapeño chile, minced (include ribs and seeds for a hotter taste if desired)
1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 freshly squeezed lime
¼ cup chopped scallion, green part only
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
Mix all ingredients. Add to cooked chicken breast or salmon for the main meat of the meal. Trust me, the combination will turn anyone head over heels, well if you're lucky it will put head and heels together at some point in the night.