Wednesday, October 8, 2008

DC Trip

I'm heading to DC tomorrow. I can't wait to explore the city. I love big cities.

My friends are getting married in Clifton, Va. The wedding is on Saturday. Two other friends and I are making the ten hour drive from Atlanta to Fairfax, Va tomorrow. We're staying a few blocks from the metro so it should be easy to get around.

I was in DC once before, about eight years ago. It wasn't really a trip to DC, but I did get to spend 3 hours at the Greyhound station. There isn't a lot to do from 1 am to 4 am at that place.

I was heading from Pittsburgh to Falmouth, MA on a Greyhound bus. The bus stopped in DC, New York City, Providence and finally Cape Cod. It was supposed to take about 18 hours, but ended up being about 28 hours :( The major cause of the delay occurred between Pittsburgh and DC. We stopped at some tiny town along the way and then headed back onto the interstate. A few miles down the road and a car hit the side of the bus. Luckily no one was hurt, but we had to wait for the police and incident report. By the time the bus got to DC, the next bus I was to get on had already left.

Every stop along that trip took longer than I had anticipated. If you don't have to, I recommend NOT going through the NYC bus station. The place is several floors. Providence was odd too, cause I had to walk from the Greyhound bus station to the Peter Pan bus station. This was the last and probably will be the very last time I take a Greyhound bus.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this trip to DC. It's got to be better than the last one.

No comments: