Sunday, July 13, 2008

TV

I haven't watched TV for any extended period of time for awhile now. When I have watched the tube, I usually put on a DVD that I own but have yet to see. I'm currently trying to finish watching season 1 of Dexter. Dexter is an interesting show about a serial killer who is also a forensic blood spatter expert. The interesting part is that he only kills people that deserve it, kind of like the Robin Hood of serial killers. Except instead of giving the poor money, he gives the righteous their justice or something like that. Personally, I don't think there's any reason to kill anything but I guess that's beside the point.

As an aside:
I'm not for the death penalty, but I also wouldn't blame someone that took the law into there own hands, if you know what I mean. Well, except that guy in Texas that killed two people that were robbing his neighbors house. I don't think he acted in the smartest manner ever. I think part of the application to own a gun should include an intelligence test. Okay now that I'm done rambling I'll go back to TV.

Back to the main point of this entry:
I turned on America's Got Talent tonight. I find it very ironic that Jerry Springer hosts the show. Especially when the first act that I saw was an Asian 13 year old girl in a pink one-piece spandex outfit with kitty ears and a tail. Oh and she was bent into positions that strippers couldn't be paid to do. Although, I wish I was as flexible as I used to be ;).

I really hate these types of shows ... hmm but wasn't Star Search good? Well, I dislike the reality shows e.g. big brother, real world (yes it's still running and more seasons are being filmed), etc.

Ohh ... new X-files movie July 25th ... ok sorry that was a blogmmercial (like commercial). Damn TV interfering with my stream of conscience.

I do like some shows that I guess are reality TV, for example "so you think you can dance"? I wish I had tivo. It makes watching these shitty shows all the better. I can't stand listening to the judges, but I do like watching the dances. Okay enough about TV ... I got an episode of Dexter to watch.

No comments: