Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Interests ...

In my list of interests, I'm pretty sure sports comes after music. However, hockey is close to the top. On the other hand, baseball (and all other pro sports) fall well behind hockey.

Tonight, I left the Braves game after the Pirates were losing 2-4 in the sixth inning. Yes, I'm from Pittsburgh so I have to claim the Bucs as my team. They were good once, right? Oddly enough, I played for the "Braves" when I was in second grade.

I'm a terrible baseball player. I was lucky to be the second worst player on the team. I felt like I was slightly better (and believe me only oh so slightly) when I saw the other "worst" player swing at the ball and fall flat on his face. I wonder if he remembers that.

I wanted to meet some other friends and see some bands play at Smiths, so that's why I left the game early. The bands were really good, so it was worth leaving early. Although the Pirates won, I enjoyed listening to music much more than I would've enjoyed the 12th inning of a baseball game (the Pirates won 12-11).

In other news, I get to go to the final Thrashers game on Saturday. Woo!! ok it's not that exciting, cause they're battling Tampa Bay for 14th place (of 15 in the Eastern conference). But to me it's actually really exciting, cause I love hockey games. Plus, the "new man" bought us tickets that are nice and close to the ice.

No comments: